Technology at Lake Orienta Elementary
Here at LKO it is quite obvious that one of our priorities as educators is to provide educational experiences that will prepare our students for the future. Lake Orienta Elementary is, without a doubt a 21st Century focused school, as our teachers integrate various technologies within their lessons and our students have opportunities to demonstrate their academic knowledge through various types of technologies.
LKO currently offers numerous technology-based resources to enhance the education of our students. Some of these resources are:
- Two i-Ready Labs- students use this computer-based program to on building academic skills in math and reading. This skill based program becomes individualized to the need of each student.
- Primary and Intermediate Technology Labs- These labs are available to teachers and students in order to participate in whole class technology integrated lessons, computer based testing, and other county or state assessments.
- A state of the art TV news broadcast studio.
- A variety of software and wed-based resources designed to enhance and create in all academic and special areas.
- Interactive boards which allow teachers to present content in engaging ways as well as promoting student participation and collaboration.
- Laptops, iPads, and many other educational technologies and applications.
Our Technology Facilitator
The goal of the technology facilitator is to provide support and training to the Lake Orienta faculty as well as offering learning opportunities to our students. The tech facilitator is also responsible for doing some basic maintenance and upkeep of the hardware and equipment on our campus.
Mrs. Lindsey, Educational Technology Facilitator